Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation
New Delhi: Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Gopal Rai, who have been fasting since July 25, were on Tuesday advised hospitalisation following their deteriorating health but both rejected the doctors` suggestions.
After the routine medical check-up of the four fasting leaders, doctors from Team Anna`s medical team along with their colleagues from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital said Kejriwal and Rai were not in a good condition.
"Condition of Anna Hazare and Manish Sisodia is stable but Kejriwal and Rai should get hospitalised," a doctor announced from the podium at Jantar Mantar.
Rai had been throwing up since Monday night and his pulse rate was very low while Kejriwal, who is diabetic, was also not keeping well.
However, Kejriwal and Rai said refused to be either hospitalised or to take medicines.
"We are here to sacrifice our lives for our nation. Not to get admitted in hospital. Doctors are asking us to get hospitalised but we want to tell them that we are still powerful enough to kick off the government. And if government will try to interrupt, it will have to pay," said Kejriwal.
Kejriwal, Rai and Sisodia have been fasting since July 25 while Hazare joined them on Sunday. Along with them, 350 other supporters are also fasting for a stringent anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician