Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation
New Delhi: Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Gopal Rai, who have been fasting since July 25, were on Tuesday advised hospitalisation following their deteriorating health but both rejected the doctors` suggestions.
After the routine medical check-up of the four fasting leaders, doctors from Team Anna`s medical team along with their colleagues from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital said Kejriwal and Rai were not in a good condition.
"Condition of Anna Hazare and Manish Sisodia is stable but Kejriwal and Rai should get hospitalised," a doctor announced from the podium at Jantar Mantar.
Rai had been throwing up since Monday night and his pulse rate was very low while Kejriwal, who is diabetic, was also not keeping well.
However, Kejriwal and Rai said refused to be either hospitalised or to take medicines.
"We are here to sacrifice our lives for our nation. Not to get admitted in hospital. Doctors are asking us to get hospitalised but we want to tell them that we are still powerful enough to kick off the government. And if government will try to interrupt, it will have to pay," said Kejriwal.
Kejriwal, Rai and Sisodia have been fasting since July 25 while Hazare joined them on Sunday. Along with them, 350 other supporters are also fasting for a stringent anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam