Kejriwal should have met Shinde before staging sit-in: Uma
Ujjain: BJP Vice-President Uma Bharti today said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should have met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and put forth his views over action against policemen before sitting on dharna in the national capital.
"He (Kejriwal) should have met Union Home Minister to put forth his views," the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said during an informal chat with reporters here.
Kejriwal and his Cabinet colleagues sat on a dharna demanding suspension of five police officials for alleged dereliction of duty.
The over 30-hour protest outside Rail Bhavan in the high-security Raisina Hill area ended tonight following a compromise with the Centre.
To a question on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), the BJP leader said the Kejriwal-led fledgling outfit had vowed to end corruption and it should now fulfil its promise.
Earlier, Bharti visited various temples in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!