Kejriwal should have met Shinde before staging sit-in: Uma
Ujjain: BJP Vice-President Uma Bharti today said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should have met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and put forth his views over action against policemen before sitting on dharna in the national capital.
"He (Kejriwal) should have met Union Home Minister to put forth his views," the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said during an informal chat with reporters here.
Kejriwal and his Cabinet colleagues sat on a dharna demanding suspension of five police officials for alleged dereliction of duty.
The over 30-hour protest outside Rail Bhavan in the high-security Raisina Hill area ended tonight following a compromise with the Centre.
To a question on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), the BJP leader said the Kejriwal-led fledgling outfit had vowed to end corruption and it should now fulfil its promise.
Earlier, Bharti visited various temples in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter