Kejriwal should not generalise about media: AAP leader
Panaji: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal should not generalise and be specific about his criticism of the media, a party leader in Goa said Saturday.
"Instead of generalising, Kejriwal should attack the top of the media pyramid which is actually playing games," said Rajendra Kakodkar, one of the party`s spokespersons.
Kakodkar said that in most cases, it was a tiny fraction of media owners and editors who control the fraternity who Kejriwal targeted in his comments.
"His comments against the media should not be taken as an attack on journalists and lower and mid-rung functionaries who work in media houses," he said.
The former Delhi chief minister has been in the news for his diatribe against "corrupt media" which he said was in the control of corporate interests and industrial houses.
During a poll campaign, Kejriwal said that if the AAP came to power it would arrest corrupt journalists and put them in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog