Kejriwal should not generalise about media: AAP leader
Panaji: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal should not generalise and be specific about his criticism of the media, a party leader in Goa said Saturday.
"Instead of generalising, Kejriwal should attack the top of the media pyramid which is actually playing games," said Rajendra Kakodkar, one of the party`s spokespersons.
Kakodkar said that in most cases, it was a tiny fraction of media owners and editors who control the fraternity who Kejriwal targeted in his comments.
"His comments against the media should not be taken as an attack on journalists and lower and mid-rung functionaries who work in media houses," he said.
The former Delhi chief minister has been in the news for his diatribe against "corrupt media" which he said was in the control of corporate interests and industrial houses.
During a poll campaign, Kejriwal said that if the AAP came to power it would arrest corrupt journalists and put them in jail.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS