Kejriwal should not generalise about media: AAP leader
Panaji: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal should not generalise and be specific about his criticism of the media, a party leader in Goa said Saturday.
"Instead of generalising, Kejriwal should attack the top of the media pyramid which is actually playing games," said Rajendra Kakodkar, one of the party`s spokespersons.
Kakodkar said that in most cases, it was a tiny fraction of media owners and editors who control the fraternity who Kejriwal targeted in his comments.
"His comments against the media should not be taken as an attack on journalists and lower and mid-rung functionaries who work in media houses," he said.
The former Delhi chief minister has been in the news for his diatribe against "corrupt media" which he said was in the control of corporate interests and industrial houses.
During a poll campaign, Kejriwal said that if the AAP came to power it would arrest corrupt journalists and put them in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands