Kejriwal slams Khurshid for `murder threat`
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal and his aides on Wednesday tore into Law Minister Salman Khurshid for daring the activist to protest in his constituency as they saw it as a "murder threat" and accused him of acting like a "mafia don".
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the country`s Law Minister should not be using such a language against his own people.
"Salman Khurshid has threatened me. The country`s Law Minister should not use such a language. My life is not in the hands of Khurshid. My life is in the hands of God. We will go to Farrukhabad and we will return from there as well," Kejriwal told a press conference here.
Khurshid had at a function at a closed-door function last night said, "let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad," which was seen as a murder threat by the activist.
He also appealed to people from across the country to join him and his team at Farrukhabad on November one to protest against Khurshid in connection with allegations against his NGO.
"Killing me won`t help because the country has been awakened. If one Arvind is killed, there will be another 100 Arvinds. Rather than threatening like this, it would be better that Congress sensed the anger of people and took some concrete steps against corruption," he said.
Bhushan likened Khurshid`s behaviour to that of a "mafia don" and wondered why the country should have such a Law Minister.
"He has spoken such a language against people of his country. He has behaved like a mafia don," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow