Kejriwal slams Khurshid for `murder threat`
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal and his aides on Wednesday tore into Law Minister Salman Khurshid for daring the activist to protest in his constituency as they saw it as a "murder threat" and accused him of acting like a "mafia don".
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the country`s Law Minister should not be using such a language against his own people.
"Salman Khurshid has threatened me. The country`s Law Minister should not use such a language. My life is not in the hands of Khurshid. My life is in the hands of God. We will go to Farrukhabad and we will return from there as well," Kejriwal told a press conference here.
Khurshid had at a function at a closed-door function last night said, "let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad," which was seen as a murder threat by the activist.
He also appealed to people from across the country to join him and his team at Farrukhabad on November one to protest against Khurshid in connection with allegations against his NGO.
"Killing me won`t help because the country has been awakened. If one Arvind is killed, there will be another 100 Arvinds. Rather than threatening like this, it would be better that Congress sensed the anger of people and took some concrete steps against corruption," he said.
Bhushan likened Khurshid`s behaviour to that of a "mafia don" and wondered why the country should have such a Law Minister.
"He has spoken such a language against people of his country. He has behaved like a mafia don," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad