Kejriwal slams Khurshid for `murder threat`
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal and his aides on Wednesday tore into Law Minister Salman Khurshid for daring the activist to protest in his constituency as they saw it as a "murder threat" and accused him of acting like a "mafia don".
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the country`s Law Minister should not be using such a language against his own people.
"Salman Khurshid has threatened me. The country`s Law Minister should not use such a language. My life is not in the hands of Khurshid. My life is in the hands of God. We will go to Farrukhabad and we will return from there as well," Kejriwal told a press conference here.
Khurshid had at a function at a closed-door function last night said, "let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad," which was seen as a murder threat by the activist.
He also appealed to people from across the country to join him and his team at Farrukhabad on November one to protest against Khurshid in connection with allegations against his NGO.
"Killing me won`t help because the country has been awakened. If one Arvind is killed, there will be another 100 Arvinds. Rather than threatening like this, it would be better that Congress sensed the anger of people and took some concrete steps against corruption," he said.
Bhushan likened Khurshid`s behaviour to that of a "mafia don" and wondered why the country should have such a Law Minister.
"He has spoken such a language against people of his country. He has behaved like a mafia don," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi