Kejriwal slams Khurshid for `murder threat`
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal and his aides on Wednesday tore into Law Minister Salman Khurshid for daring the activist to protest in his constituency as they saw it as a "murder threat" and accused him of acting like a "mafia don".
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan said the country`s Law Minister should not be using such a language against his own people.
"Salman Khurshid has threatened me. The country`s Law Minister should not use such a language. My life is not in the hands of Khurshid. My life is in the hands of God. We will go to Farrukhabad and we will return from there as well," Kejriwal told a press conference here.
Khurshid had at a function at a closed-door function last night said, "let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad," which was seen as a murder threat by the activist.
He also appealed to people from across the country to join him and his team at Farrukhabad on November one to protest against Khurshid in connection with allegations against his NGO.
"Killing me won`t help because the country has been awakened. If one Arvind is killed, there will be another 100 Arvinds. Rather than threatening like this, it would be better that Congress sensed the anger of people and took some concrete steps against corruption," he said.
Bhushan likened Khurshid`s behaviour to that of a "mafia don" and wondered why the country should have such a Law Minister.
"He has spoken such a language against people of his country. He has behaved like a mafia don," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened