Kejriwal will disappear after 2014 general poll: Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Sunday said civil activist Arvind Kejriwal "would be left nowhere after 2014 general elections."
"It is good that he (Kejriwal) has entered politics, but after 2014 elections, he will not be seen anywhere," Bahuguna told reporters here today.
He said people like Kejriwal were not trustworthy because they do not believe in the system and try to "destabilise" it.
The allegations of the social activist against Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra that he was unduely favoured by realty major DLF have caused a political storm, with several Congress leaders dubbing the charges as "baseless and utterly irresponsible."
Replying to allegations by BJP that the chief minister was involved in campaigning for his son Saket for the October 10 Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll, and not present in his own office, he said it was his duty to campaign for his party`s candidate.
Bahuguna replied, "Every father loves his son. Moreover, if any one would have been contesting the election in place of my son, I would have also campaigned for him."
Recently BJP leader Bhagat Singh Koshiyari had said, "Bahuguna is in love with his son Saket, who is contesting Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll...So he has stopped work in his own office."
The chief minister also said he will ask the Centre to further raise the cap on subsidised cooking gas cylinders from nine to twelve for the hilly state.
"Limitation of subsidised cylinders might increase the dependability of the people on forest for fuel-wood here, which can have adverse affect on environment," he said.
"I will meet Prime Minster Manmohan Singh to discuss this issue," he said.
Bahuguna said he will request to allow two separate connections to two adult members of a family at the same address, and added he has written to the petroleum minister in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!