Kejriwal’s ‘Jail Bharo’: Anna unaware, Bedi stays away
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare expressed ignorance over former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal’s ‘jail bharo’ protest on Monday.
Hazare said that he is “unaware” about the ‘jail bharo’ protest that will take place in New Delhi today. However, Anna added that there is no rift between them.
Distancing herself from the Kejriwal’s protest, Kiran Bedi tweeted that she will not be a part of the Kejriwal’s protest but will “stay with the cause.”
Alleging harassment of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC), Arvind Kejriwal and others will stage a protest outside Parliament Street police station in New Delhi today and offer arrest.
The ‘jail bharo’ agitation by Kejriwal comes just over a week after his August 26 protest against the government over the CAG report on alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocations. He was detained twice and many of his supproters were arrested during the coalgate protest - for which Kejriwal has criticised the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi