Kejriwal’s ‘Jail Bharo’: Anna unaware, Bedi stays away
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare expressed ignorance over former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal’s ‘jail bharo’ protest on Monday.
Hazare said that he is “unaware” about the ‘jail bharo’ protest that will take place in New Delhi today. However, Anna added that there is no rift between them.
Distancing herself from the Kejriwal’s protest, Kiran Bedi tweeted that she will not be a part of the Kejriwal’s protest but will “stay with the cause.”
Alleging harassment of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC), Arvind Kejriwal and others will stage a protest outside Parliament Street police station in New Delhi today and offer arrest.
The ‘jail bharo’ agitation by Kejriwal comes just over a week after his August 26 protest against the government over the CAG report on alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocations. He was detained twice and many of his supproters were arrested during the coalgate protest - for which Kejriwal has criticised the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown