Kejriwal’s ‘Jail Bharo’: Anna unaware, Bedi stays away
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare expressed ignorance over former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal’s ‘jail bharo’ protest on Monday.
Hazare said that he is “unaware” about the ‘jail bharo’ protest that will take place in New Delhi today. However, Anna added that there is no rift between them.
Distancing herself from the Kejriwal’s protest, Kiran Bedi tweeted that she will not be a part of the Kejriwal’s protest but will “stay with the cause.”
Alleging harassment of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC), Arvind Kejriwal and others will stage a protest outside Parliament Street police station in New Delhi today and offer arrest.
The ‘jail bharo’ agitation by Kejriwal comes just over a week after his August 26 protest against the government over the CAG report on alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocations. He was detained twice and many of his supproters were arrested during the coalgate protest - for which Kejriwal has criticised the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert