Kejriwal’s ‘Jail Bharo’: Anna unaware, Bedi stays away
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare expressed ignorance over former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal’s ‘jail bharo’ protest on Monday.
Hazare said that he is “unaware” about the ‘jail bharo’ protest that will take place in New Delhi today. However, Anna added that there is no rift between them.
Distancing herself from the Kejriwal’s protest, Kiran Bedi tweeted that she will not be a part of the Kejriwal’s protest but will “stay with the cause.”
Alleging harassment of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC), Arvind Kejriwal and others will stage a protest outside Parliament Street police station in New Delhi today and offer arrest.
The ‘jail bharo’ agitation by Kejriwal comes just over a week after his August 26 protest against the government over the CAG report on alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocations. He was detained twice and many of his supproters were arrested during the coalgate protest - for which Kejriwal has criticised the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured