Kejriwal’s ‘Jail Bharo’: Anna unaware, Bedi stays away
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare expressed ignorance over former Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal’s ‘jail bharo’ protest on Monday.
Hazare said that he is “unaware” about the ‘jail bharo’ protest that will take place in New Delhi today. However, Anna added that there is no rift between them.
Distancing herself from the Kejriwal’s protest, Kiran Bedi tweeted that she will not be a part of the Kejriwal’s protest but will “stay with the cause.”
Alleging harassment of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC), Arvind Kejriwal and others will stage a protest outside Parliament Street police station in New Delhi today and offer arrest.
The ‘jail bharo’ agitation by Kejriwal comes just over a week after his August 26 protest against the government over the CAG report on alleged irregularities in coal blocks allocations. He was detained twice and many of his supproters were arrested during the coalgate protest - for which Kejriwal has criticised the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD
- Hyundai Tucson to get 2.0-l petrol engine; no 1.6-l diesel
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently