Kejriwal`s new posers to Chidambaram on black money issue
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday asked the government whether the names of industrialists he named as having accounts in HSBC Bank in Geneva were part of the list of 700 people handed over to the authorities by France.
Posing questions to Finance Minister P Chidambaram, he said the country wants to know from him why the government was "applying" different yardsticks while investigating the matter as only some people are raided while others are let off.
Kejriwal had yesterday made fresh allegations that HSBC Bank was indulging in money laundering and claimed Ambani brothers, Jet Airways Chairman Naresh Goyal and Congress MP Anu Tandon had parked black money in its Geneva branch.
All those who were named by Kejriwal had denied the allegations.
He also alleged the government was saving HSBC and how could people believe that government will do a fair probe.
"If US government can firmly deal with such banks, why can`t Indian governmen do the same"? he said.
Government had yesterday dismissed the allegations made by Kejriwal on the black money issue saying there was nothing new in the accusations and no evidence has been given to substantiate them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister