Kejriwal`s new posers to Chidambaram on black money issue
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday asked the government whether the names of industrialists he named as having accounts in HSBC Bank in Geneva were part of the list of 700 people handed over to the authorities by France.
Posing questions to Finance Minister P Chidambaram, he said the country wants to know from him why the government was "applying" different yardsticks while investigating the matter as only some people are raided while others are let off.
Kejriwal had yesterday made fresh allegations that HSBC Bank was indulging in money laundering and claimed Ambani brothers, Jet Airways Chairman Naresh Goyal and Congress MP Anu Tandon had parked black money in its Geneva branch.
All those who were named by Kejriwal had denied the allegations.
He also alleged the government was saving HSBC and how could people believe that government will do a fair probe.
"If US government can firmly deal with such banks, why can`t Indian governmen do the same"? he said.
Government had yesterday dismissed the allegations made by Kejriwal on the black money issue saying there was nothing new in the accusations and no evidence has been given to substantiate them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!