Kejriwal`s new posers to Chidambaram on black money issue
New Delhi: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday asked the government whether the names of industrialists he named as having accounts in HSBC Bank in Geneva were part of the list of 700 people handed over to the authorities by France.
Posing questions to Finance Minister P Chidambaram, he said the country wants to know from him why the government was "applying" different yardsticks while investigating the matter as only some people are raided while others are let off.
Kejriwal had yesterday made fresh allegations that HSBC Bank was indulging in money laundering and claimed Ambani brothers, Jet Airways Chairman Naresh Goyal and Congress MP Anu Tandon had parked black money in its Geneva branch.
All those who were named by Kejriwal had denied the allegations.
He also alleged the government was saving HSBC and how could people believe that government will do a fair probe.
"If US government can firmly deal with such banks, why can`t Indian governmen do the same"? he said.
Government had yesterday dismissed the allegations made by Kejriwal on the black money issue saying there was nothing new in the accusations and no evidence has been given to substantiate them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed