Kenya attack victim`s body brought to Bangalore; consigned to flames
Bangalore: The body of city businessman Sudarshan B Nagraj, who was shot dead in Kenya`s Westgate Mall terror attack, was brought here on Saturday and consigned to flames, according to the victim’s elder brother.
"The body was consigned to flames at the Banashankari Electric Crematorium around 5 PM", Sudarshan’s elder brother Ram Prasad told a news agency.
Earlier, Sudarshan`s body, which was expected to arrive on September 26, was brought at Bengaluru International Airport around 11 AM. "The delay was due to a tedious paperwork," Prasad said.
Soon after receiving the body, a tearful Prasad told reporters that "God has been kind enough to send the body for performing the last rites." "We were unsure of his body reaching us. I thank Indian High Commission authorities for doing the needful," he said.
Sudarshan was running multi-business and had visited Nairobi on Sept 20 with regard to printing and publication business.
The Bangalorean was shot dead by Islamist terrorists at close range in his forehead, chest and under-arms in Westgate mall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH