Kerala CM dismisses talk of early LS polls
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday dismissed talk of early Lok Sabha elections, saying they will be held in 2014 as scheduled.
"Elections will be held in 2014. (There is) no need to discuss that issue now, no need to worry about that," the Congress leader told reporters here when asked about the possibility of an early general elections.
His statement came days after Finance Minister P Chidambaram ruled out early Lok Sabha polls.
Chidambaram had said that the UPA government would complete its agenda for 2013 and then go for polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing