Kerala CM dismisses talk of early LS polls
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday dismissed talk of early Lok Sabha elections, saying they will be held in 2014 as scheduled.
"Elections will be held in 2014. (There is) no need to discuss that issue now, no need to worry about that," the Congress leader told reporters here when asked about the possibility of an early general elections.
His statement came days after Finance Minister P Chidambaram ruled out early Lok Sabha polls.
Chidambaram had said that the UPA government would complete its agenda for 2013 and then go for polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?