Kerala CM dismisses talk of early LS polls
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday dismissed talk of early Lok Sabha elections, saying they will be held in 2014 as scheduled.
"Elections will be held in 2014. (There is) no need to discuss that issue now, no need to worry about that," the Congress leader told reporters here when asked about the possibility of an early general elections.
His statement came days after Finance Minister P Chidambaram ruled out early Lok Sabha polls.
Chidambaram had said that the UPA government would complete its agenda for 2013 and then go for polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC