Kerala CM dismisses talk of early LS polls
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday dismissed talk of early Lok Sabha elections, saying they will be held in 2014 as scheduled.
"Elections will be held in 2014. (There is) no need to discuss that issue now, no need to worry about that," the Congress leader told reporters here when asked about the possibility of an early general elections.
His statement came days after Finance Minister P Chidambaram ruled out early Lok Sabha polls.
Chidambaram had said that the UPA government would complete its agenda for 2013 and then go for polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics