Kerala CM dismisses talk of early LS polls
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday dismissed talk of early Lok Sabha elections, saying they will be held in 2014 as scheduled.
"Elections will be held in 2014. (There is) no need to discuss that issue now, no need to worry about that," the Congress leader told reporters here when asked about the possibility of an early general elections.
His statement came days after Finance Minister P Chidambaram ruled out early Lok Sabha polls.
Chidambaram had said that the UPA government would complete its agenda for 2013 and then go for polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy