Kerala gets record presence at Centre
Thiruvananthapuram: With the induction of Shashi Tharoor and Kodikkunnil Suresh in the Union Council of Ministers on Sunday, Kerala`s representation at the Centre has gone up to eight, the highest ever for the state.
Out of the eight ministers, seven are from the Congress, including Cabinet Ministers AK Antony and Vayalar Ravi.
E Ahamed, Minister of State for External Affairs, belongs to Indian Union Muslim League, a long-time ally of the Congress in the state as well as at the Centre.
KV Thomas, Mullapally Ramachandran and KC Venugopal are the other Central ministers from Kerala apart from the newly inducted members.
Keralites who are playing important roles at the Centre also include Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien and Congress spokesperson PC Chacko, who is Chairman of the JPC on the 2G spectrum issue as well.
In today`s cabinet shuffle, the state capital has achieved sort of a double gain. While Tharoor represents Thiruvananthapuram in the Lok Sabha, Suresh belongs to a village here.
He has, however, been elected from Mavelikkara in the Central Travancore region.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
- Manchester United target Neymar closing signing a new three-year deal at Barcelona