Kerala gets record presence at Centre
Thiruvananthapuram: With the induction of Shashi Tharoor and Kodikkunnil Suresh in the Union Council of Ministers on Sunday, Kerala`s representation at the Centre has gone up to eight, the highest ever for the state.
Out of the eight ministers, seven are from the Congress, including Cabinet Ministers AK Antony and Vayalar Ravi.
E Ahamed, Minister of State for External Affairs, belongs to Indian Union Muslim League, a long-time ally of the Congress in the state as well as at the Centre.
KV Thomas, Mullapally Ramachandran and KC Venugopal are the other Central ministers from Kerala apart from the newly inducted members.
Keralites who are playing important roles at the Centre also include Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien and Congress spokesperson PC Chacko, who is Chairman of the JPC on the 2G spectrum issue as well.
In today`s cabinet shuffle, the state capital has achieved sort of a double gain. While Tharoor represents Thiruvananthapuram in the Lok Sabha, Suresh belongs to a village here.
He has, however, been elected from Mavelikkara in the Central Travancore region.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!