Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit to be transferred to Nagaland?
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit`s defiance is likely to earn her a `punishment` posting!
A report in a leading English daily claimed on Wednesday that the NDA government is mulling to shift Dikshit from Kerala after she refused to step down as Governor.
As per sources, Dikshit – three-time Delhi chief minister – was asked by the Home Secretary to quit as Governor after Narendra Modi government took over from the UPA, to make way for an NDA-appointee.
Dikshit has so far remained defiant, refusing to quit within months of her being appointed as Kerala Governor in March earlier this year.
The government, in response, is considering to shift her out of Kerala to a smaller state, most likely in the Northeast.
The report claimed that Nagaland could be Dikshit`s new home as Governor.
This is because Mizoram Governor Vakkom Purushothaman, who was transferred to Nagaland last week, is reportedly not happy with the new assignment and may resign.
The Modi government had on Sunday transferred Governor Kamla Beniwal to Mizoram.
So far, five Governors have quit following change of guard at the Centre. These include BL Joshi (Uttar Pradesh), Shekhar Dutt (Chhattisgarh), MK Narayanan (West Bengal), Ashwani Kumar (Nagaland) and BV Wanchoo (Goa).
There has been a practice in Indian politics of a new government asking Governors, who were appointed by previous regimes, to quit following transfer of power at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda