Kerala IPS officer under scanner for terror links
Thiruvananthapuram: In the wake of reports
that the Home Ministry has written to the state government
about a senior IPS officer meeting some people with terrorist
links in Qatar, Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan Wednesday said
the administration will take necessary steps on whatever
communication it receives from the Centre.
"The Chief Secretary will take necessary steps on
whatever letters he gets from the Centre," he told reporters
when asked to comment about reports that Home Secretary G K
Pillai had written to Kerala Chief Secretary about senior IPS
officer Tomin J Thachankary`s meeting in Qatar.
He, however, declined to elaborate on the issue.
"I do not intend to share (the details) on this issue.
The Government will carry out its responsibilities," he said.
Media reports had claimed that Thachankary, who has been
in the centre of controversy, met some Keralalites in the Gulf
with terrorist links and allegedly offered to help them come
to their home state.
The reports claimed that the External affairs ministry
had passed on this information to the Home Ministry.
Thachankary was suspended when he was IG (Kannur) some
months back for allegedly making a foreign trip without
government permission, as prescribed by the service rules.
Earlier, he also faced suspension in a case relating to
amassing wealth disproportionate to known sources of income.
However, he was re-instated following a High Court order
as the vigilance probe in the case kept dragging.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read