Kerala lecturer case: Attackers threaten cops
Kochi: A suspect in the attack on a
Kerala college lecturer, whose palm was chopped off for
allegedly preparing a question paper with derogatory
references to Prophet Mohammed, has threatened a police
officer against continuing searches in his house, police said.
Rasheed (30), an activist of Muslim fundamentalist
outfit, People`s Front, suspected to behind the attack, had
criminally intimidated Circle Inspector Famous Varghese, who
is in the investigation team, Rural SP T Vikram said here.
He was a close friend of K K Ali who had purchased the
van used in Sunday`s attack on T J Joseph, lecturer at a
private Christian college at Muvattapuzha in the district.
Several houses, including that of Rasheed, were
searched by police soon after the attack. Joseph`s palm was
cut by the assailants.
Police said they are tracing incoming and outgoing
calls on the cellphones of some suspects.
Vikram said a case under two sections of IPC,
including for criminal intimidation, have been registered
Meanwhile, the condition of Joseph, whose right palm
was sutured after a 16 hour surgery was stable, hospital
Joseph was arrested in April last after the question
paper set by him for the B.Com II year internal exams sparked
protests by Muslim outfits, which claimed it had hurt their
He was later suspended from the college and was out on
bail when attacked.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH