Kerala to make all efforts to bring back marines: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today asserted that state would make all efforts to bring back the two Italian marines to face trail in the fishermen killing case.
The Congress-led UDF Government in the state had conveyed its "strong protest" to the Centre against the Italian Government`s decision not to return the marines to India, he told reporters here.
Kerala`s stand was that the marines charged with shooting to death two fishermen from the state in February last year should face trial in India under Indian law, added Chandy, who had yesterday took up the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi.
The marines--Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone-- were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election, but the Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!