Kerala to make all efforts to bring back marines: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today asserted that state would make all efforts to bring back the two Italian marines to face trail in the fishermen killing case.
The Congress-led UDF Government in the state had conveyed its "strong protest" to the Centre against the Italian Government`s decision not to return the marines to India, he told reporters here.
Kerala`s stand was that the marines charged with shooting to death two fishermen from the state in February last year should face trial in India under Indian law, added Chandy, who had yesterday took up the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi.
The marines--Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone-- were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election, but the Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!