Kerala to make all efforts to bring back marines: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today asserted that state would make all efforts to bring back the two Italian marines to face trail in the fishermen killing case.
The Congress-led UDF Government in the state had conveyed its "strong protest" to the Centre against the Italian Government`s decision not to return the marines to India, he told reporters here.
Kerala`s stand was that the marines charged with shooting to death two fishermen from the state in February last year should face trial in India under Indian law, added Chandy, who had yesterday took up the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi.
The marines--Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone-- were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election, but the Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional