Kerala to make all efforts to bring back marines: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today asserted that state would make all efforts to bring back the two Italian marines to face trail in the fishermen killing case.
The Congress-led UDF Government in the state had conveyed its "strong protest" to the Centre against the Italian Government`s decision not to return the marines to India, he told reporters here.
Kerala`s stand was that the marines charged with shooting to death two fishermen from the state in February last year should face trial in India under Indian law, added Chandy, who had yesterday took up the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi.
The marines--Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone-- were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election, but the Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal