Kerala to make all efforts to bring back marines: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today asserted that state would make all efforts to bring back the two Italian marines to face trail in the fishermen killing case.
The Congress-led UDF Government in the state had conveyed its "strong protest" to the Centre against the Italian Government`s decision not to return the marines to India, he told reporters here.
Kerala`s stand was that the marines charged with shooting to death two fishermen from the state in February last year should face trial in India under Indian law, added Chandy, who had yesterday took up the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi.
The marines--Massimiliano Lattore and Salvatore Girone-- were permitted by the Supreme Court on February 22 to go to Italy for four weeks for voting in election, but the Italian government has informed India that they would not return.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what