Kerry wishes `Shubho Nobo Borsho` to Bengalis
Washington: Secretary of State John Kerry has wished all Bengali-speaking people around the world "Shubho Nobo Borsho!" wishing them happiness and prosperity on behalf of President Barack Obama and the American people.
"On behalf of President Obama, I convey my warm greetings to all Bengali-speaking people around the world as you celebrate Pahela Boishakh," marking the advent of Bengali new year, he said in a statement.
"The American people wish you all happiness and prosperity in the New Year. The vibrant Bengali-American diaspora will join the global Bengali community in gathering with family and friends to celebrate your many accomplishments.
"As the New Year begins, let us all celebrate the rich cultures of West Bengal and Bangladesh in a spirit of optimism and mutual appreciation. Shubho Nobo Borsho!" he stated.
In separate statements, Kerry also wished Sri Lankans around the world on Sinhala and Tamil New Year and Nepalis "warmest wishes for a joyful" Nepali New Year (Bikram Sambat).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical