Key govt issues to be decided by CCPA during PM`s visit abroad
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) will take decisions on all urgent issues concerning the government in the absence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to Cambodia beginning on Sunday.
The Cabinet Secretariat also said in an order that either Defence Minister A K Antony, Finance Minister P Chidambaram or Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will be available in the capital for disposal of urgent government business during the period of Prime Minister`s absence, official sources said.
The working arrangement was made in view of the Prime Minister`s three-day tour of Cambodia from November 18 to 20 to attend ASEAN and East Asia Summits.
Apart from Antony, Chidambaram and Shinde, those who are members of the CCPA include Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah, Urban and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, Chemical and Fertiliser Minister M K Alagiri and External Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed.
After last night`s order, the Home Minister has not been able to travel to Maharashtra to attend the funeral of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray today, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal