Key govt issues to be decided by CCPA during PM`s visit abroad
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) will take decisions on all urgent issues concerning the government in the absence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to Cambodia beginning on Sunday.
The Cabinet Secretariat also said in an order that either Defence Minister A K Antony, Finance Minister P Chidambaram or Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will be available in the capital for disposal of urgent government business during the period of Prime Minister`s absence, official sources said.
The working arrangement was made in view of the Prime Minister`s three-day tour of Cambodia from November 18 to 20 to attend ASEAN and East Asia Summits.
Apart from Antony, Chidambaram and Shinde, those who are members of the CCPA include Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah, Urban and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, Chemical and Fertiliser Minister M K Alagiri and External Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed.
After last night`s order, the Home Minister has not been able to travel to Maharashtra to attend the funeral of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray today, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security