Key Koda aide surrenders before I-T dept
Ranchi: Devendra Mukhia, an alleged aide of
former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, on Tuesday surrendered
before the Income Tax department here which wants to probe his
involvement in the alleged hawala and illegal investments
Mukhia is among the four persons, who had failed to meet
the November 6 deadline set by the I-T department to appear
before it for questioning in connection with Rs 2000 crore
hawala transactions and illegal investments case.
The scam surfaced after the department launched raids on
76 premises across the country on October 31, including on the
residences of Koda.
Koda, who was the Mines minister during the Arjun Munda
government from 2004, had retained the portfolio after taking
over the reigns in September 2006.
Koda has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate to
appear before it on November 13 and would be interrogated by
IT officials from tomorrow, I-T`s Additional Director
(Investigation), Ajit Srivastav, said yesterday.
Meanwhile, the department is contemplating to issue
arrest warrants against the other three wanted by it - Binod
Sinha, Sanjay Kumar Choudhary and Manoj Punamiya.
Srivastava said the IT department had requested the ED to move the appropriate authorities to get all the emails exchanged by the accused during the last three years in connection with the illegal investments and hawala transactions.
The decision comes after the department on Saturday took into possession all mine related documents to look into how mine leases were allotted during Koda`s tenure as Mines minister under the Arjun Munda government and later under his own regime.
The IT official said several teams were working in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jamshedpur and other places to gather evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened