Key leader wanted to bring down UPA-2: Nitin Gadkari
Nagpur: A key political leader had plotted to bring down the UPA-2 government, former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has claimed, as reported by a news channel on Friday.
Gadkari said the influential leader had approached him to effect the same but he refused to become a party to the plot.
Gadkari had the disclosure while speaking at a private function in Nagpur, the channel reported.
As per the report, Gadkari did not name the leader or the party to which he belongs.
Gadkari had recently decided not to seek a second term as BJP president following a barrage of corruption allegations against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi