Key leader wanted to bring down UPA-2: Nitin Gadkari
Nagpur: A key political leader had plotted to bring down the UPA-2 government, former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has claimed, as reported by a news channel on Friday.
Gadkari said the influential leader had approached him to effect the same but he refused to become a party to the plot.
Gadkari had the disclosure while speaking at a private function in Nagpur, the channel reported.
As per the report, Gadkari did not name the leader or the party to which he belongs.
Gadkari had recently decided not to seek a second term as BJP president following a barrage of corruption allegations against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list