Key leader wanted to bring down UPA-2: Nitin Gadkari
Nagpur: A key political leader had plotted to bring down the UPA-2 government, former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has claimed, as reported by a news channel on Friday.
Gadkari said the influential leader had approached him to effect the same but he refused to become a party to the plot.
Gadkari had the disclosure while speaking at a private function in Nagpur, the channel reported.
As per the report, Gadkari did not name the leader or the party to which he belongs.
Gadkari had recently decided not to seek a second term as BJP president following a barrage of corruption allegations against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured