Key witness in Sohrabuddin case shot in Udaipur
Udaipur: Azam Khan, a key witness in the
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case was today shot at by two
motorcycle-borne persons near Udai Sagar Lake here, a senior
police official said.
Khan, 38, received bullet injuries in his left arm, SP
Sanjeev Narzari said on phone.
He was admitted to a government hospital here and his
condition is stated to be out of danger, the SP said.
Khan was with his friend at the lakeside when the
incident occurred, Narzari said.
The miscreants fled after firing two rounds. Khan`s
friend was unhurt.
Over a dozen policemen, including IPS officers, have
been arrested for the 2005 fake encounter killing of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, an alleged gangster. Former Gujarat
minister of state for home Amit Shah is also an accused in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre