Key witness in Sohrabuddin case shot in Udaipur
Udaipur: Azam Khan, a key witness in the
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case was today shot at by two
motorcycle-borne persons near Udai Sagar Lake here, a senior
police official said.
Khan, 38, received bullet injuries in his left arm, SP
Sanjeev Narzari said on phone.
He was admitted to a government hospital here and his
condition is stated to be out of danger, the SP said.
Khan was with his friend at the lakeside when the
incident occurred, Narzari said.
The miscreants fled after firing two rounds. Khan`s
friend was unhurt.
Over a dozen policemen, including IPS officers, have
been arrested for the 2005 fake encounter killing of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, an alleged gangster. Former Gujarat
minister of state for home Amit Shah is also an accused in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach