Key witness in Sohrabuddin case shot in Udaipur
Udaipur: Azam Khan, a key witness in the
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case was today shot at by two
motorcycle-borne persons near Udai Sagar Lake here, a senior
police official said.
Khan, 38, received bullet injuries in his left arm, SP
Sanjeev Narzari said on phone.
He was admitted to a government hospital here and his
condition is stated to be out of danger, the SP said.
Khan was with his friend at the lakeside when the
incident occurred, Narzari said.
The miscreants fled after firing two rounds. Khan`s
friend was unhurt.
Over a dozen policemen, including IPS officers, have
been arrested for the 2005 fake encounter killing of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh, an alleged gangster. Former Gujarat
minister of state for home Amit Shah is also an accused in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'