KGMU donates Rs 1.1 cr for Uttarakhand flood victims
Lucknow: King George Medical University (KGMU) in the city on Saturday donated Rs 1.1 crore for the Uttarakhand flood victims.
The KGMU staff had collected the amount by donating their two-day salary.
The university`s vice-chancellor D K Gupta today gave the cheque of Rs 1.1 crore to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here.
Accepting the cheque, the Chief Minister said the donations being received from people for flood victims would be provided to the government there at the earliest.
The university had also sent a team of 15 doctors to Uttarakhand and distributed medicines to the victims, the vice-chancellor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad