Khap panchayat comes in support for Anna
New Delhi: Much criticised for their diktats on honour killings, a khap panchayat from Haryana on Thursday came out in support of Anna Hazare.
Santosh Dahiya of the khap panchayat came here along with 20 other members extending full support to the movement launched by the Gandhian.
A professor of physical education in Kurushetra University, Dahiya is also the president of women`s wing of SarvKhap Maha Panchayat.
"We have worked a lot on the issues of female foeticide and honour killing. We are here to support Anna`s movement.
You will find all small groups of people sitting on every intersection of Haryana extending support ot Anna Hazare," she said.
Earlier, a group of farmers from Haryana had also come out in support and demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh considers the demands of Anna else they will lay seize in his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!