Khap panchayat issues diktat against same clan marriages, DJs
Muzaffarnagar: Firm on their opposition to marriages within the same clan, a khap panchayat has issued a diktat asking parents not to marry their children with prospective brides and grooms from another village whose residents belong to the same `gotra` as them.
Members of `Gathwala` khap or caste council from Haryana, Rajasthan, western Uttar Pradesh and Delhi convened a panchayat here which has warned that no one from the khap should marry their children to boys and girls from Goela village in the district as they belong to the same `gotra`.
The khap also prohibited playing of loud music by disc jockeys during weddings and other functions. Anybody who would defy this diktat would be slapped with a fine of Rs 11,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister