Khap panchayat issues diktat against same clan marriages, DJs
Muzaffarnagar: Firm on their opposition to marriages within the same clan, a khap panchayat has issued a diktat asking parents not to marry their children with prospective brides and grooms from another village whose residents belong to the same `gotra` as them.
Members of `Gathwala` khap or caste council from Haryana, Rajasthan, western Uttar Pradesh and Delhi convened a panchayat here which has warned that no one from the khap should marry their children to boys and girls from Goela village in the district as they belong to the same `gotra`.
The khap also prohibited playing of loud music by disc jockeys during weddings and other functions. Anybody who would defy this diktat would be slapped with a fine of Rs 11,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?