Khap panchayat issues diktat against same clan marriages, DJs
Muzaffarnagar: Firm on their opposition to marriages within the same clan, a khap panchayat has issued a diktat asking parents not to marry their children with prospective brides and grooms from another village whose residents belong to the same `gotra` as them.
Members of `Gathwala` khap or caste council from Haryana, Rajasthan, western Uttar Pradesh and Delhi convened a panchayat here which has warned that no one from the khap should marry their children to boys and girls from Goela village in the district as they belong to the same `gotra`.
The khap also prohibited playing of loud music by disc jockeys during weddings and other functions. Anybody who would defy this diktat would be slapped with a fine of Rs 11,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai