Khap panchayat issues diktat against same clan marriages, DJs
Muzaffarnagar: Firm on their opposition to marriages within the same clan, a khap panchayat has issued a diktat asking parents not to marry their children with prospective brides and grooms from another village whose residents belong to the same `gotra` as them.
Members of `Gathwala` khap or caste council from Haryana, Rajasthan, western Uttar Pradesh and Delhi convened a panchayat here which has warned that no one from the khap should marry their children to boys and girls from Goela village in the district as they belong to the same `gotra`.
The khap also prohibited playing of loud music by disc jockeys during weddings and other functions. Anybody who would defy this diktat would be slapped with a fine of Rs 11,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state