Khap to file review petition against SC order
Jind(Haryana): Stung by the Supreme Court
observation that kangaroo courts were "barbaric and illegal",
Khap panchyats on Sunday decided to file a review petition in the
The decision to file the petition was taken here today
at a meeting of 84 representatives of Khap panchayats,
according to Nafe Singh Nain, President of Binain Khap, who
The members also decided to start an indefinite fast in
Delhi during the forthcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament to
show their strength.
On April 19, the Supreme Court had observed that the new
trend of kangaroo courts, honour killings, "khap" panchayats
in northern India and "katta" panchayats in Tamil Nadu were
barbaric and illegal, the perpetrators of which required the
It was pointed out that Khap panchayats are playing
important role in the uplift of society and are trying to
They also decided to oppose any move to ban Khap
Panchayats through a legislation.
On the issue of reservation to Jats, the members decided
to unite all the Jat organisations under the banner of Sarv
Yudhvir Singh, general secretary of all India Jat
Mahasabha, O P Mann state president of Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash
Samiti, Haryana also attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites