Khap to file review petition against SC order
Jind(Haryana): Stung by the Supreme Court
observation that kangaroo courts were "barbaric and illegal",
Khap panchyats on Sunday decided to file a review petition in the
The decision to file the petition was taken here today
at a meeting of 84 representatives of Khap panchayats,
according to Nafe Singh Nain, President of Binain Khap, who
The members also decided to start an indefinite fast in
Delhi during the forthcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament to
show their strength.
On April 19, the Supreme Court had observed that the new
trend of kangaroo courts, honour killings, "khap" panchayats
in northern India and "katta" panchayats in Tamil Nadu were
barbaric and illegal, the perpetrators of which required the
It was pointed out that Khap panchayats are playing
important role in the uplift of society and are trying to
They also decided to oppose any move to ban Khap
Panchayats through a legislation.
On the issue of reservation to Jats, the members decided
to unite all the Jat organisations under the banner of Sarv
Yudhvir Singh, general secretary of all India Jat
Mahasabha, O P Mann state president of Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash
Samiti, Haryana also attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi