Kharge to give priority on filling up Railway Board vacancies
New Delhi: Filling up of vacancies in Railway Board will be the top priority of new Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge.
"I will give priority to fill up vacancies in Railway Board as soon as possible," he told reporters after getting the Railway portfolio in the Cabinet reshuffle.
Asked about Railways` performance, he said, "Whatever time is available now, I will try to do my best."
Currently, Member Staff Mahesh Kumar is behind the bars and under suspension as he is accused of bribing Vijay Singla, nephew of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, for a top post in Railways.
Besides, the post of Member Traffic is vacant while Chairman Railway Board Vinay Mittal and Financial Commissioner Vijaykanth are retiring on June 30.
Railways has to show urgency in shortlisting the possible names for these key posts and submit them to the DoPT for consideration.
Former Road and Transport Minister C P Joshi, who was given additional charge of Railways after Bansal`s resignation, could not finalise the key appointments and left it for new Railway Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details