Kharge to give priority on filling up Railway Board vacancies
New Delhi: Filling up of vacancies in Railway Board will be the top priority of new Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge.
"I will give priority to fill up vacancies in Railway Board as soon as possible," he told reporters after getting the Railway portfolio in the Cabinet reshuffle.
Asked about Railways` performance, he said, "Whatever time is available now, I will try to do my best."
Currently, Member Staff Mahesh Kumar is behind the bars and under suspension as he is accused of bribing Vijay Singla, nephew of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, for a top post in Railways.
Besides, the post of Member Traffic is vacant while Chairman Railway Board Vinay Mittal and Financial Commissioner Vijaykanth are retiring on June 30.
Railways has to show urgency in shortlisting the possible names for these key posts and submit them to the DoPT for consideration.
Former Road and Transport Minister C P Joshi, who was given additional charge of Railways after Bansal`s resignation, could not finalise the key appointments and left it for new Railway Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today