Kharge`s `bulldozing` remarks anger Venkaiah Naidu
New Delhi: Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge on Monday earned the wrath of Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu in the Lok Sabha over his "bulldozing" remarks against the government.
Kharge`s remarks came against the backdrop of government introducing the Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014 -- a Bill which the Congress wanted to be referred to the Standing Committee.
"If everything is bulldozed like this, there is no need for Parliament," Kharge said.
Referring to the government, Kharge also alleged that "you don`t want discussions".
Reacting to the remarks, Naidu said, "You are frequently using such words... Where is the question of bulldozing".
It is not good to use such words, the Minister noted.
Asserting that government is ready for discussions, Naidu said that in Parliament, everything is decided by majority of members.
There is larger public interest in terms of the bill and that is why the government has brought it to the Lok Sabha, Naidu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145