Kharge`s `bulldozing` remarks anger Venkaiah Naidu
New Delhi: Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge on Monday earned the wrath of Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu in the Lok Sabha over his "bulldozing" remarks against the government.
Kharge`s remarks came against the backdrop of government introducing the Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014 -- a Bill which the Congress wanted to be referred to the Standing Committee.
"If everything is bulldozed like this, there is no need for Parliament," Kharge said.
Referring to the government, Kharge also alleged that "you don`t want discussions".
Reacting to the remarks, Naidu said, "You are frequently using such words... Where is the question of bulldozing".
It is not good to use such words, the Minister noted.
Asserting that government is ready for discussions, Naidu said that in Parliament, everything is decided by majority of members.
There is larger public interest in terms of the bill and that is why the government has brought it to the Lok Sabha, Naidu added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'