Khursheed hopes new Pak prez would initiate positive steps
Farrukhabad (UP): External Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed today hoped that the newly elected Pakistan president would initiate positive steps to understand the pain and concern among Indians for his country.
"Mamnoon Hussain is from Agra and knows what the people of both the country want and I hope that he would initiate positive steps for understanding the frustration, pain and concern of Indian people towards Pakistan", Khursheed who was here on a two day tour of his parliamentary constituency said when news persons referred to Pakistani president`s Indian roots.
On the demands for further splitting of Uttar Pradesh after the creation of new Telangana state became almost a reality, Khursheed said that division would not happen on the view of anyone but on consensus among all.
The proposal for division of Uttar Pradesh was incomplete and so could not be taken forward, he said while referring to the recommendation of the then chief minister Mayawati for splitting UP into four states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP