Khursheed hopes new Pak prez would initiate positive steps
Farrukhabad (UP): External Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed today hoped that the newly elected Pakistan president would initiate positive steps to understand the pain and concern among Indians for his country.
"Mamnoon Hussain is from Agra and knows what the people of both the country want and I hope that he would initiate positive steps for understanding the frustration, pain and concern of Indian people towards Pakistan", Khursheed who was here on a two day tour of his parliamentary constituency said when news persons referred to Pakistani president`s Indian roots.
On the demands for further splitting of Uttar Pradesh after the creation of new Telangana state became almost a reality, Khursheed said that division would not happen on the view of anyone but on consensus among all.
The proposal for division of Uttar Pradesh was incomplete and so could not be taken forward, he said while referring to the recommendation of the then chief minister Mayawati for splitting UP into four states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says