Khurshid doesn`t see Malik`s remarks as Pak`s formal policy
On Board Special Aircraft: India on Sunday dismissed Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s controversial remarks during his visit to New Delhi, saying they cannot be taken as a formal policy statement of his country.
Malik had made several contentious remarks during his visit, including equating Mumbai terror attacks with Babri Masjid demolition and describing Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist Abu Jundal as an Indian intelligence operative.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said that Malik`s remarks did not appear to be carefully worded or well discussed.
"If the Pakistan President said it, I would have put it in a different category. Leaders of Pakistan will articulate matters in different ways but I don`t think it would have been a discussed, thought out, carefully worded statement. This is something he may have felt, responded in heat of a moment but I would not think it would be a formal articulation on behalf of Pakistan," Khurshid told a news agency in an interview.
"It is not that he is nobody. He is an important part of the Pakistan government. But I think you should not take it as formal policy statement of Pakistan at this stage," Khurshid said.
He was asked about Malik`s comments equating Mumbai terror attack to Babri Masjid demolition which the Pakistani minister seemed to have retracted later.
Khurshid also said Pakistan`s selective approach on bringing to justice those involved in the Mumbai carnage was "not acceptable".
He questioned why 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed was yet to be hauled up.
"Everybody responsible has not been hauled up yet.... We believe everybody, particularly the masterminds be made accountable and on that we have not seen any homework on.
"LeT founder Hafiz Saeed has to be made accountable. Why he has not been made accountable? And that is the big question," Khurshid said.
Khurshid termed as "not true" the Pakistan minister`s comment that India has not raised the issue of Capt Saurabh Kalia, the Indian soldier who was tortured and his body mutilated during the Kargil conflict by the Pakistani Army.
"He (Malik) says it was the first time it was raised. It is not true. It may have been raised for the first time during his tenure but in my knowledge this is not true that it was not raised...... Since we have raised it (with him), we hope that he goes back and work on this and try to give us some satisfactory answer," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'