Khurshid hopes for stronger India-Japan ties
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid Friday congratulated Fumio Kishida on becoming the foreign minister of Japan and underlined desire to work closely with him for "expanding and deepening strategic partnership" for benefit of the two countries as well as for Asia and the world.
In his telephonic conversation with Kishida, Khurshid stressed that India and Japan are bound by "strong cultural ties, shared values of democracy and our desire for peace and progress".
He also stressed that the strategic and global partnership between India and Japan is marked by close cooperation in a number of areas of mutual interest, including "economic and industrial collaboration," said official sources.
Khurshid expressed his desire to work with Kishida in "expanding and deepening Strategic Partnership" for the benefit of both countries and for peace and prosperity of Asia and the world, said the sources.
Japan`s new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is known to be a strong advocate of stronger India-Japan relations and had backed the India-Japan nuclear deal when he was the prime minister over five years ago.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to travel to Japan for the annual bilateral summit early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic