Khurshid is lying, we have proof: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Questioning Salman Khurshid’s defence, activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal presented more proof in the alleged embezzlement case by the law minister’s NGO trust.
Addressing his supporters after they spent another night at Jantar Mantar demanding that Khurshid quit, Kejriwal, “He (Salman Khurshid) has produced two photos one of them is clearly fake as it shows JB Singh in the photo of financial year 2010-11 while the illegalities were committed in 2009-10.”
Kejriwal said he has concrete proof on the irregularities committed in Mainpuri and other districts of Uttar Pradesh.
A social activist from Mainpuri named Vivek Yadav was present, he said that he and his associates probed the beneficiaries in Mainpuri, and the probe has exposed shocking details.
“Two persons, Santosh Kumari and Sashi Mohan, have been shown as having been given a big wheel chairs by the Zakir Hussain Trust, however, on probe we found that individuals named by the trust don’t live at the address or even in the locality,” he added.
“Another person named Dayaram was shown as a beneficiary but we have found that he is disabled. The most shocking case is that of Pankaj kumar. The trust claimed that they had given him a hearing aid. On enquiry we found that Pankaj can hear perfectly but is disability in his legs and needed help. But he has not got anything till now,” he added. Pankaj was also present on the occasion.
Meanwhile, Salman Khurshid is likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today and explain his position.
The Congress has stood with Khurshid and has ruled out his resignation over the issue. Several Congress leaders including I&B Minister Ambika Soni, MoS in the PMO Narayanasamy and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh came out in the defence of the Law Minister.
On Sunday, Khurshid denied any wrongdoing by the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, of which he is president and wife Louise Khurshid is project director. He produced documents and pictures to prove that camps were held in Uttar Pradesh to provide hearing aids and tricycles to the disabled.
Khurshid said that he would pursue legal action against a TV news channel which first aired allegations of financial misappropriation in the running of the trust and Arvind Kejriwal.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal will announce next strategy in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India