Khurshid is lying, we have proof: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Questioning Salman Khurshid’s defence, activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal presented more proof in the alleged embezzlement case by the law minister’s NGO trust.
Addressing his supporters after they spent another night at Jantar Mantar demanding that Khurshid quit, Kejriwal, “He (Salman Khurshid) has produced two photos one of them is clearly fake as it shows JB Singh in the photo of financial year 2010-11 while the illegalities were committed in 2009-10.”
Kejriwal said he has concrete proof on the irregularities committed in Mainpuri and other districts of Uttar Pradesh.
A social activist from Mainpuri named Vivek Yadav was present, he said that he and his associates probed the beneficiaries in Mainpuri, and the probe has exposed shocking details.
“Two persons, Santosh Kumari and Sashi Mohan, have been shown as having been given a big wheel chairs by the Zakir Hussain Trust, however, on probe we found that individuals named by the trust don’t live at the address or even in the locality,” he added.
“Another person named Dayaram was shown as a beneficiary but we have found that he is disabled. The most shocking case is that of Pankaj kumar. The trust claimed that they had given him a hearing aid. On enquiry we found that Pankaj can hear perfectly but is disability in his legs and needed help. But he has not got anything till now,” he added. Pankaj was also present on the occasion.
Meanwhile, Salman Khurshid is likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today and explain his position.
The Congress has stood with Khurshid and has ruled out his resignation over the issue. Several Congress leaders including I&B Minister Ambika Soni, MoS in the PMO Narayanasamy and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh came out in the defence of the Law Minister.
On Sunday, Khurshid denied any wrongdoing by the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, of which he is president and wife Louise Khurshid is project director. He produced documents and pictures to prove that camps were held in Uttar Pradesh to provide hearing aids and tricycles to the disabled.
Khurshid said that he would pursue legal action against a TV news channel which first aired allegations of financial misappropriation in the running of the trust and Arvind Kejriwal.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal will announce next strategy in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say