Khurshid is lying, we have proof: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Questioning Salman Khurshid’s defence, activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal presented more proof in the alleged embezzlement case by the law minister’s NGO trust.
Addressing his supporters after they spent another night at Jantar Mantar demanding that Khurshid quit, Kejriwal, “He (Salman Khurshid) has produced two photos one of them is clearly fake as it shows JB Singh in the photo of financial year 2010-11 while the illegalities were committed in 2009-10.”
Kejriwal said he has concrete proof on the irregularities committed in Mainpuri and other districts of Uttar Pradesh.
A social activist from Mainpuri named Vivek Yadav was present, he said that he and his associates probed the beneficiaries in Mainpuri, and the probe has exposed shocking details.
“Two persons, Santosh Kumari and Sashi Mohan, have been shown as having been given a big wheel chairs by the Zakir Hussain Trust, however, on probe we found that individuals named by the trust don’t live at the address or even in the locality,” he added.
“Another person named Dayaram was shown as a beneficiary but we have found that he is disabled. The most shocking case is that of Pankaj kumar. The trust claimed that they had given him a hearing aid. On enquiry we found that Pankaj can hear perfectly but is disability in his legs and needed help. But he has not got anything till now,” he added. Pankaj was also present on the occasion.
Meanwhile, Salman Khurshid is likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today and explain his position.
The Congress has stood with Khurshid and has ruled out his resignation over the issue. Several Congress leaders including I&B Minister Ambika Soni, MoS in the PMO Narayanasamy and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh came out in the defence of the Law Minister.
On Sunday, Khurshid denied any wrongdoing by the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, of which he is president and wife Louise Khurshid is project director. He produced documents and pictures to prove that camps were held in Uttar Pradesh to provide hearing aids and tricycles to the disabled.
Khurshid said that he would pursue legal action against a TV news channel which first aired allegations of financial misappropriation in the running of the trust and Arvind Kejriwal.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal will announce next strategy in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp