Khurshid loves Chinese food; happy where Shinde does `nach gaana`: BJP
New Delhi: Taking potshots at External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for defending Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s presence at a Bollywood event hours after the Patna blasts, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad on Tuesday said UPA ministers are least interested in internal security and give prominence to scams that are taking place.
"What else do you expect from Salman Khurshid who loves Chinese food, who wants to live in China? Why should he be interested in what is happening as far as internal security is concerned? He is happy where the Home Minister does `nach gaana` and he likes China," said Azad.
"So, don`t expect from this government, don`t expect from its ministers, because for them what is more important is the coal scam, what is more important is the 2G scam, what is more important is the CWG scam, earn as much as you can, because, you are going to be out of power anyway," he added.
Azad also criticised the Nitish Kumar-led Bihar Government for not taking firm steps despite having proper intelligence information prior to Sunday`s blasts.
"I think this shows how officials are really tackling the issue as far as Bihar is concerned. And, it shows how ignorant the chief minister is, that he was not even given the letter that came from IB on the 23rd of October regarding the blast that took place," said Azad.
"There were no metal detectors, there was no bomb disposal squad and all you had were officials sitting there," he added.
Khurshid had earlier on Monday voiced his support for Shinde, saying he had a life beyond Patna.
"What happened in Patna was obviously sad. Lives are lost because somebody is playing an awful kind of politics," he told media in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves