Khurshid meets Aziz in Bishkek
Islamabad: India`s External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday met Sartaj Aziz, Pakistan prime minister`s adviser on foreign affairs and national security, on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The two leaders reportedly met to discuss the issues of mutual interests and to lay down the groundwork for a meeting between Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York on September 29, the Dawn newspaper reported.
They also discussed matters relating to the Line of Control ceasefire violations and held talks on addressing reservations and security concerns of both countries, the report said.
Pakistan`s Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said in Islamabad on September 5 that the Khurshid-Aziz meeting "could be a useful opportunity to engage in a constructive dialogue to discuss ways of building mutual trust and improving bilateral relations".
Manmohan Singh said before arriving at a "final decision" on meeting Sharif in New York, he would have to factor in "certain harsh realities" like India being affected by terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India