Khurshid meets Nepal President
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid called on the visiting President of Nepal, Dr Ram Baran Yadav, here on Wednesday.
Dr Yadav, who is presently on a five-day visit to India, is scheduled to meet President Pranab Mukherjee today. He would also hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh later in the day.
The Nepal President was on Tuesday conferred with an honorary doctorate by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at a special convocation in Varanasi.
The convocation was organised on the occasion of the closing ceremony of the yearlong celebration of Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya`s 150th birth anniversary.
India and Nepal enjoy a special and unique relationship rooted in shared heritage, civilization, culture and extensive people-to-people relations across an open border. It has always been India`s endeavour to support peace, stability and prosperity in Nepal. In this context, India is committed to continue its institutionalised cooperation and development assistance to Nepal.
This visit is in line with the tradition of high-level political exchange between India and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks