Khurshid meets Nepal President
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid called on the visiting President of Nepal, Dr Ram Baran Yadav, here on Wednesday.
Dr Yadav, who is presently on a five-day visit to India, is scheduled to meet President Pranab Mukherjee today. He would also hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh later in the day.
The Nepal President was on Tuesday conferred with an honorary doctorate by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at a special convocation in Varanasi.
The convocation was organised on the occasion of the closing ceremony of the yearlong celebration of Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya`s 150th birth anniversary.
India and Nepal enjoy a special and unique relationship rooted in shared heritage, civilization, culture and extensive people-to-people relations across an open border. It has always been India`s endeavour to support peace, stability and prosperity in Nepal. In this context, India is committed to continue its institutionalised cooperation and development assistance to Nepal.
This visit is in line with the tradition of high-level political exchange between India and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested