Khurshid meets Nepal President
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid called on the visiting President of Nepal, Dr. Ram Baran Yadav, here on Wednesday.
Dr. Yadav, who is presently on a five-day visit to India, is scheduled to meet President Pranab Mukherjee today. He would also hold delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh later in the day.
The Nepal President was on Tuesday conferred with an honorary doctorate by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) at a special convocation in Varanasi.
The convocation was organised on the occasion of the closing ceremony of the yearlong celebration of Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya`s 150th birth anniversary.
India and Nepal enjoy a special and unique relationship rooted in shared heritage, civilization, culture and extensive people-to-people relations across an open border. It has always been India`s endeavour to support peace, stability and prosperity in Nepal. In this context, India is committed to continue its institutionalised cooperation and development assistance to Nepal.
This visit is in line with the tradition of high-level political exchange between India and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Haryana CM forgets PV Sindhu’s name, says she’s from Karnataka: Report