Khurshid NGO row: Kejriwal to march to PM’s residence
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal and differently-abled supporters will march towards Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s residence on Friday, demanding action against Law Minister Salman Khurshid, over allegations that an NGO headed by him and run by his wife in Uttar Pradesh has allegedly been involved in malpractices.
Interestingly, Kejrial had on Wednesday announced that he and differently-abled people will ‘gherao’ UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s residence, but his aides yesterday said there were changes in their plan after discussions with the disabled activists and instead they will march to the PM`s residence.
"Tomorrow, disabled people will march towards 7, RCR, the official residence of the Prime Minister. The earlier plans have been changed," a member of Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption said. Kejriwal had also tweeted about plans to gherao Gandhi`s residence.
Hindi news channel Aaj Tak had alleged that the NGO of Khurshid and his wife Louise forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Louise denied the allegations and said it was "devoid of any merit, and is false, malicious and baseless".
Reacting on the allegations Salman Khurshid yesterday said that he will take legal action against the news channel and Arvind Kejriwal.
Kejriwal has been demanding Khurshid`s resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here earlier this week.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister`s wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country. We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi`s residence asking for Khurshid`s resignation," Kejriwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth