Khurshid row: Digvijay flays Kejriwal for claiming SP-Cong understanding
New Delhi: AICC leader Digvijay Singh on Monday took a dig at Arvind Kejriwal for his allegation of a "quid pro quo" between Congress and Samajwadi Party over Union Minister Salman Khurshid`s NGO controversy, saying he wants the probe into the matter to be carried as per his wishes.
"It seems Kejriwal wants that the investigation should be carried out the way he decides...That he should be given the charge of the investigation. Na khata na bahi, jo Kejriwal kahe wahi sahi (No documents, no papers but whatever Kejriwal says is right)," Singh told reporters.
He was reacting to the allegations of Kejriwal that there was a "quid pro quo" between the Congress, which is supporting Salman Khurshid on his NGO`s controversy, and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav who is facing a disproportionate assets case in the Supreme Court.
The Economic Offences Wing of the Uttar Pradesh has started a probe into the alleged financial irregularities in the trust run by Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
JD-U chief Sharad Yadav also criticised Kejriwal and India Against Corruption (IAC) for saying that they have no faith in government probe into the alleged financial misappropriation in Law Minister Salman Khurshid`s trust.
"They (Kejriwal and his Team) cast doubts on everything. They have no trust in any court, any probe agency. The country is not made by targeting individuals. UP government already ordered a probe but you say that you don`t trust a government probe. Then what will you do?", Yadav asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015