Khurshid rubbishes Kejriwal`s charges
London: Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday lashed out at Arvind Kejriwal describing him as a man possessed with "burning ambition" who "should know that the free ride is over".
Responding to allegations levelled by Kejriwal about "money bungling" by a trust run by him and his wife Louise, Khurshid said that he would be "happy to engage in direct battle" both in court and in the public domain on the issue.
"Kejriwal is a man possessed not with any noble idea but burning ambition for which he will destroy whatever is in his path. But he should know that the free ride is over.
The courts will now decide what is the truth," Khurshid told PTI in an email response.
The Union Minister said that the spontaneity with which Kejriwal reacted suggests that he "did not even read the papers" unless of course there was prior contact between him and Aaj Tak, which aired the purported sting operation.
"I hate to imagine the fate of unsuspecting citizens whose tax matters would have come before Kejriwal in the few years that he condescended to serve as an IRS officer," Khurshid said.
He also reacted strongly to a tweet by activist and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on the issue, saying her response makes him wonder if people were ever safe in the hands of such police personnel.
In her two posts on the microblogging site Twitter, Bedi said there was "substantial evidence for arrest and charge sheet" in the alleged bungling.
Reacting sharply to it, Khurshid said, "The response of Kiran Bedi makes me wonder if we were ever safe in the hands of such police personnel.
But of course the answer to that is readily available from many who served as her contemporaries. Pity that such people are ruining the case for a sensible and effective Lok Pal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?