Khurshid takes a dig at Narendra Modi`s `Sardar Patel as first PM` remark
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid took a dig at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday for saying that Sardar Patel should have been the first prime minister of India.
"This is not a history class, this is his thinking," Khurshid said, as per a news agency.
At a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to the life of freedom fighter Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Modi said that if India`s first Home Minister had become the first PM of the country then the fate of the country would have been completely different.
"Wish Sardar Patel was the first PM of India. Then the fate and the face of the country would have been something else," Modi said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was also present on the dais with him.
Khurshid also said that Patel is part of India and his legacy was not limited to some political party.
"I think he (Modi) is a bit preoccupied about the thought of becoming PM," the Congress leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday