Khurshid terms charge of govt interference as `baseless`
Farukhabad (UP): Union Minister Salman Khurshid has termed BJP`s allegations that the PMO and the Law minister had interfered in the CBI probe into the coal block allocation case as "baseless".
"The allegations made by BJP against the PMO and the Law minister are baseless...CBI does come under the PMO, but it did not interfere in working of the agency," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
He said taking information from the CBI, advising it and interfering in its function are different things.
The BJP has been demanding resignation of Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and an SIT probe after media reports claimed that a CBI report pertaining to coal blocks was "vetted" by the PMO and the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore