Khurshid terms charge of govt interference as `baseless`
Farukhabad (UP): Union Minister Salman Khurshid has termed BJP`s allegations that the PMO and the Law minister had interfered in the CBI probe into the coal block allocation case as "baseless".
"The allegations made by BJP against the PMO and the Law minister are baseless...CBI does come under the PMO, but it did not interfere in working of the agency," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
He said taking information from the CBI, advising it and interfering in its function are different things.
The BJP has been demanding resignation of Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and an SIT probe after media reports claimed that a CBI report pertaining to coal blocks was "vetted" by the PMO and the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?