Khurshid terms charge of govt interference as `baseless`
Farukhabad (UP): Union Minister Salman Khurshid has termed BJP`s allegations that the PMO and the Law minister had interfered in the CBI probe into the coal block allocation case as "baseless".
"The allegations made by BJP against the PMO and the Law minister are baseless...CBI does come under the PMO, but it did not interfere in working of the agency," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
He said taking information from the CBI, advising it and interfering in its function are different things.
The BJP has been demanding resignation of Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and an SIT probe after media reports claimed that a CBI report pertaining to coal blocks was "vetted" by the PMO and the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'
- Anurag Kashyap, Nawazuddin turn RJs to promote film
- Kurdish-Arab forces enter IS Syria bastion of Manbij: Monitor
- Indian, Pakistani soldiers clashed during retreat ceremony on border in Punjab – video goes viral
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'