Khurshid terms charge of govt interference as `baseless`
Farukhabad (UP): Union Minister Salman Khurshid has termed BJP`s allegations that the PMO and the Law minister had interfered in the CBI probe into the coal block allocation case as "baseless".
"The allegations made by BJP against the PMO and the Law minister are baseless...CBI does come under the PMO, but it did not interfere in working of the agency," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
He said taking information from the CBI, advising it and interfering in its function are different things.
The BJP has been demanding resignation of Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and an SIT probe after media reports claimed that a CBI report pertaining to coal blocks was "vetted" by the PMO and the Law Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you