Khurshid to arrive in Nepal next Tuesday on a two-day visit
Kathmandu: Seeking to strengthen India`s ties with Nepal, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will arrive here on July 9 for talks with Nepalese leadership.
This will be Khursid`s first visit to Nepal as External Affairs Minister. He is coming be here on a two-day visit at the invitation of Minister for Home and Foreign Affairs of Nepal, Madhav Prasad Ghimire.
The two ministers will exchange views on the further development of bilateral relations and other issues of mutual interest, a statement from the Indian Embassy said.
Khursid will also call on President Rambaran Yadav and Chairman of the Council of Ministers and the head of the interim government Khil Raj Regmi, during his visit.
The visit is of high importance as it is taking place when Nepal is passing through a transitional period with the long-delayed Constituent Assembly elections due to be held on November 19, political observers here say.
Nepal had plunged into a political and constitutional crisis after the constituent assembly was dissolved without promulgating the constitution last year and the fresh elections to be held in November, 2012, did not take place, pushing the country into a political deadlock.
SM Krishna was the last External Affairs Minister to visit Nepal. He paid a visit to the Himalyan nation in April 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh