Khurshid to visit Philippines, Singapore next week
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will visit the Philippines and Singapore next week to strengthen India`s ties with the two nations and discuss regional and international issues.
During his visit to the Philippines from October 21 to 23, Khurshid will co-chair the second meeting of the Joint Commission on Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) with his Philippines counterpart Del Rosario.
During the meeting, Khurshid would have wide ranging discussions to consolidate and expand India`s bilateral relations with the Philippines.
Khurshid would also meet Philippines President Benigno Aquino.
During his visit to Singapore from October 23 to 24, Khurshid will co-chair the third meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) with Singapore Foreign Minister K Shanmugam.
The JMC would focus on reviewing the steady development in India-Singapore strategic partnership and also explore new mechanisms to add momentum to relations between the two nations, apart from discussion on regional and multilateral issues.
Khurshid will also meet Singapore President and the Defence Minister during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why