Khurshid to visit Philippines, Singapore next week
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will visit the Philippines and Singapore next week to strengthen India`s ties with the two nations and discuss regional and international issues.
During his visit to the Philippines from October 21 to 23, Khurshid will co-chair the second meeting of the Joint Commission on Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) with his Philippines counterpart Del Rosario.
During the meeting, Khurshid would have wide ranging discussions to consolidate and expand India`s bilateral relations with the Philippines.
Khurshid would also meet Philippines President Benigno Aquino.
During his visit to Singapore from October 23 to 24, Khurshid will co-chair the third meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) with Singapore Foreign Minister K Shanmugam.
The JMC would focus on reviewing the steady development in India-Singapore strategic partnership and also explore new mechanisms to add momentum to relations between the two nations, apart from discussion on regional and multilateral issues.
Khurshid will also meet Singapore President and the Defence Minister during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends