Khurshid wisely chose legal course: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday refrained from making a value judgement on Law Minister Salman Khurshid`s counter to the allegations of financial irregularities levelled against his NGO but said he has "wisely chosen the legal course".
Amid speculations about the possibility of Khurshid`s resignation over the issue, sources in the party said there is a view that Khurshid has been able to make a strong defence and there is no likelihood of any action against the Law Minister for the time being at least.
Khurshid has given voluminous documents to the AICC to hammer home his point that the charges are false and malicious, the sources said.
Party spokesperson Manish Tewari, however, refrained from making any remark on the defence that Khurshid made before the media today after he arrived from London.
"Since the Law Minister has already moved the appropriate court for a civil and criminal defamation. The charges now have to be established at the bar of the court.
"There are two things. A defence which you have made because you have been tried and crucified by the media and the other is judicial adjudication. At end of the day, the ultimate analysis, what really matters is the judicial adjudication. The Law Minister has wisely chosen the legal course," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH