Kickbacks, commissions staple of Congress: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi for saying "blackmail is the political bread and butter" of the opposition party, BJP on Tuesday alleged kickbacks and commissions have been the staple of the ruling party since the Bofors scam.
"A government whose integrity has been painted black in the coal deals cannot be blackmailed. The staple diet of Congress ever since Bofors has been kickbacks and commissions," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters.
He was reacting to the comments made by Gandhi earlier today in the Congres Parliamentary Party meeting.
Asking her party MPs to "fight aggressively" BJP`s onslaught on the coal allocation issue, Gandhi had alleged that Parliament is being held to "ransom by blackmail, which has become the political bread and butter of BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!