Kickbacks, commissions staple of Congress: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi for saying "blackmail is the political bread and butter" of the opposition party, BJP on Tuesday alleged kickbacks and commissions have been the staple of the ruling party since the Bofors scam.
"A government whose integrity has been painted black in the coal deals cannot be blackmailed. The staple diet of Congress ever since Bofors has been kickbacks and commissions," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters.
He was reacting to the comments made by Gandhi earlier today in the Congres Parliamentary Party meeting.
Asking her party MPs to "fight aggressively" BJP`s onslaught on the coal allocation issue, Gandhi had alleged that Parliament is being held to "ransom by blackmail, which has become the political bread and butter of BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!