Kickbacks, commissions staple of Congress: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi for saying "blackmail is the political bread and butter" of the opposition party, BJP on Tuesday alleged kickbacks and commissions have been the staple of the ruling party since the Bofors scam.
"A government whose integrity has been painted black in the coal deals cannot be blackmailed. The staple diet of Congress ever since Bofors has been kickbacks and commissions," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters.
He was reacting to the comments made by Gandhi earlier today in the Congres Parliamentary Party meeting.
Asking her party MPs to "fight aggressively" BJP`s onslaught on the coal allocation issue, Gandhi had alleged that Parliament is being held to "ransom by blackmail, which has become the political bread and butter of BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout