Kickbacks, commissions staple of Congress: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi for saying "blackmail is the political bread and butter" of the opposition party, BJP on Tuesday alleged kickbacks and commissions have been the staple of the ruling party since the Bofors scam.
"A government whose integrity has been painted black in the coal deals cannot be blackmailed. The staple diet of Congress ever since Bofors has been kickbacks and commissions," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters.
He was reacting to the comments made by Gandhi earlier today in the Congres Parliamentary Party meeting.
Asking her party MPs to "fight aggressively" BJP`s onslaught on the coal allocation issue, Gandhi had alleged that Parliament is being held to "ransom by blackmail, which has become the political bread and butter of BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...