Kids custody row: No comment on legal issues, says Norway Ambassador
Kolkata: Norway`s Ambassador to India on Sunday refused to comment on the case of the two Indian children who were entrusted to the care of their uncle by a Norwegian court and were now staying in India.
"I do not want to comment on the issue when a case in going in court," Ambassador of Norway to India E S Homme said on the sidelines of Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival.
On January 10, Calcutta High Court, in an interim order, allowed mother Sagarika Bhattacharya to take custody of her two children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya from their uncle.
The two children, who returned from Norway on April 24 last year and were in the fostercare of their uncle at Kulti in Burdwan district.
They were taken from their uncle, Arunabhash Bhattacharya, despite he took proper care of the children, as court has to follow the law which acknowledged the mother was the natural guardian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III