`Killing of Indian jawans along LoC unpardonable`
New Delhi: Congress MP Ambika Soni has termed the brutal killing of two Indian jawans along the Line of Control (LoC) as unpardonable, and urged the government to express its anger during talks with Pakistan.
"This incident is unpardonable and if the matter is not taken seriously it would weaken the confidence of our soldiers. We do not want our soldiers to feel weak. The mistakes committed by Pakistan like violation of ceasefire, violation of border, violation of Geneva Convention and the way they have behaved with our soldiers is totally unacceptable," Soni told the media here yesterday.
"The country is outraged and being a worker of the Congress, I would want that the government must express this anger during talks with Pakistan," she added.
Two Indian jawans Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were killed by infiltrating Pakistani soldiers in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.
Their bodies were found mutilated, sparking a diplomatic face-off between India and Pakistan and tension along the Line of Control that separates the two countries.
Pakistan has denied India``s claim that its troops crossed the Line of Control to ambush a patrol party in the Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review