`Killing of Indian jawans along LoC unpardonable`
New Delhi: Congress MP Ambika Soni has termed the brutal killing of two Indian jawans along the Line of Control (LoC) as unpardonable, and urged the government to express its anger during talks with Pakistan.
"This incident is unpardonable and if the matter is not taken seriously it would weaken the confidence of our soldiers. We do not want our soldiers to feel weak. The mistakes committed by Pakistan like violation of ceasefire, violation of border, violation of Geneva Convention and the way they have behaved with our soldiers is totally unacceptable," Soni told the media here yesterday.
"The country is outraged and being a worker of the Congress, I would want that the government must express this anger during talks with Pakistan," she added.
Two Indian jawans Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were killed by infiltrating Pakistani soldiers in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.
Their bodies were found mutilated, sparking a diplomatic face-off between India and Pakistan and tension along the Line of Control that separates the two countries.
Pakistan has denied India``s claim that its troops crossed the Line of Control to ambush a patrol party in the Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway