Kin of crash victims to get up to Rs 76 lakh compensation
New Delhi: Family members of each of
those killed in the Mangalore plane crash will get up to Rs 76
lakh as compensation.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has announced Rs 2
lakh compensation to each crash victim family and Rs 50,000
each to those injured in the Air India aircraft crash from the
Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund.
Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel has said the
airlines will give up to USD 1,60,000 (about Rs 72 lakh) to
the family members of each victim as per the provisions of the
Carriage by Air (Amendment) Act.
Under this Act, which has been amended as per The
Montreal Convention, kin of each victim is entitled for up to
one lakh special drawing rights (SDR) which as per the present
exchange rates is worth about USD 1,60,000 (Rs 72 lakh).
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa has announced
Rs 2 lakh compensation to each of the families of the 158
people killed in the crash at Bajpe airport.
The Carriage by Air Act, which was amended during the
Winter session of Parliament, makes the air carriers liable
for injury or death of passengers, for destruction or loss of
or damage to baggage and cargo, and losses caused by delay in
international carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!