Kin of Nepal plane crash victims yet to receive compensation
Tiruchirappalli: The next of kin of those hailing from Tiruchirappalli, who were killed in the Nepal plane crash on September 25 last year, are yet to receive compensation, son of one of the victims has claimed.
"....None of the family members of the victims from Tamil Nadu got any compensation. Eight from Tiruchirappalli died in the accident.We have made several representations to the Indian embassy...," K.Srinivasan, son of the deceased Kanakasabhai, said.
According to Chandran, son of another victim, the next of kin are planning to approach court for getting compensation.
The deceased were members of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India and had engaged hundreds of construction workers in their sector.
Ten Indians were among 19 people killed when a small plane carrying them crashed at Kotdanda hills near the Nepalese capital. The crash took place when the Beechcraft plane of Buddha Air attempted to land in bad weather after an aerial viewing trip of Mt Everest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16