Kin of Nepal plane crash victims yet to receive compensation
Tiruchirappalli: The next of kin of those hailing from Tiruchirappalli, who were killed in the Nepal plane crash on September 25 last year, are yet to receive compensation, son of one of the victims has claimed.
"....None of the family members of the victims from Tamil Nadu got any compensation. Eight from Tiruchirappalli died in the accident.We have made several representations to the Indian embassy...," K.Srinivasan, son of the deceased Kanakasabhai, said.
According to Chandran, son of another victim, the next of kin are planning to approach court for getting compensation.
The deceased were members of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India and had engaged hundreds of construction workers in their sector.
Ten Indians were among 19 people killed when a small plane carrying them crashed at Kotdanda hills near the Nepalese capital. The crash took place when the Beechcraft plane of Buddha Air attempted to land in bad weather after an aerial viewing trip of Mt Everest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi