Kin of Nepal plane crash victims yet to receive compensation
Tiruchirappalli: The next of kin of those hailing from Tiruchirappalli, who were killed in the Nepal plane crash on September 25 last year, are yet to receive compensation, son of one of the victims has claimed.
"....None of the family members of the victims from Tamil Nadu got any compensation. Eight from Tiruchirappalli died in the accident.We have made several representations to the Indian embassy...," K.Srinivasan, son of the deceased Kanakasabhai, said.
According to Chandran, son of another victim, the next of kin are planning to approach court for getting compensation.
The deceased were members of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India and had engaged hundreds of construction workers in their sector.
Ten Indians were among 19 people killed when a small plane carrying them crashed at Kotdanda hills near the Nepalese capital. The crash took place when the Beechcraft plane of Buddha Air attempted to land in bad weather after an aerial viewing trip of Mt Everest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh