Kin of political aslyees can now return home
Patiala: Family members of those who had
sought political asylum in various countries will now be able
to return to their homeland with the U nion government lifting
the ban on visa facilities for derivative asylees figuring in
the black list.
Cases of all those derivative asylees, figuring in the
second black list, had been cleared by the Home Ministry
facilitating their return back home, a spokesman of Minister
of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said here today.
This was stated in a letter written by Home Minister
P Chidambaram to Kaur, he said.
The second black list contains names of those people
who had sought political asylum in different countries to gain
citizenship or permanent residency.
All those against whom there were adverse reports
figure in the first black list.
With the clearance of the cases, the ban on visa
facilities for derivative asylees, including children, of
political asylees stood removed, the spokesman said.
This would facilitate their return to their motherland
without any hindrance, he said.
The denial of visa facilities have prevented them from
meeting their near and dear ones back home.
A sizeable number of those who had sought political
asylum abroad primarily due to economic compulsions, hailed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report