Kin of political aslyees can now return home
Patiala: Family members of those who had
sought political asylum in various countries will now be able
to return to their homeland with the U nion government lifting
the ban on visa facilities for derivative asylees figuring in
the black list.
Cases of all those derivative asylees, figuring in the
second black list, had been cleared by the Home Ministry
facilitating their return back home, a spokesman of Minister
of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said here today.
This was stated in a letter written by Home Minister
P Chidambaram to Kaur, he said.
The second black list contains names of those people
who had sought political asylum in different countries to gain
citizenship or permanent residency.
All those against whom there were adverse reports
figure in the first black list.
With the clearance of the cases, the ban on visa
facilities for derivative asylees, including children, of
political asylees stood removed, the spokesman said.
This would facilitate their return to their motherland
without any hindrance, he said.
The denial of visa facilities have prevented them from
meeting their near and dear ones back home.
A sizeable number of those who had sought political
asylum abroad primarily due to economic compulsions, hailed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH