Kingfisher Airlines VP arrested for power misuse
Mumbai: CBI today arrested a senior official of Kingfisher Airlines for his alleged collusion with a senior IPS officer who has been booked on the charge of misusing his power and taking illegal gratification.
Leslie Missal, Assistant Vice President (Security) of the
Airlines, was apprehended after the investigating agency found
that he had arranged for the stay of Manoj Malviya, Additional
Commissioner of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, at five
star hotels several times.
CBI had in May this year registered a case against
Malviya for allegedly abusing his official position as a
public servant and entering into a conspiracy with private
persons to take illegal gratification between May 2008 and
"Leslie had arranged several things for Malviya and used
to stay with him at five star hotels. When he was questioned
by CBI, it seemed to us that he was suppressing facts,
following which we conducted a probe and arrested him," CBI
DIG Pravin Salunkhe told.
According to the agency, Malviya had visited Mumbai on
several occasions and stayed at five-star hotels, the bills of
which were paid by private firm GVK, Airport Authority of
India (AAI) and Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL).
CBI is also questioning several senior officials
of Kingfisher and Jet Airways in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi