Kingfisher plane stranded at Raipur
Raipur: A Kingfisher Airlines plane was stranded at the Mana airport here after its tyre burst while landing late Wednesday even as the runway was cleared for other flights Thursday morning.
Flight IT 2804 from Aizawl to Hyderabad had 68 passengers and seven crew members on board when one of the tyres burst as it touched down the runway here. Its last halt was Kolkata.
Nobody was hurt as the pilot applied brakes immediately.
"The flight will take off for Hyderabad only after it is declared airworthy. It may take one or two days and a thorough technical check-up is on," a Kingfisher Airlines official told a news agency.
But he refused to say what steps the airline was taking to accommodate the passengers of the flight to Hyderabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!