Kingfisher to close its check-in counters 40-mins prior to dep
Mumbai: In conformity with civil aviation
regulator DGCA`s guidelines on reducing flight delay, private
carrier Kingfisher Airlines will close its check-in counters
for domestic flights 40 minutes prior to departure.
With effect from midnight today, the check-in counters
for all domestic flights of Kingfisher Airlines departing from
six cities -- Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad
and Bangalore -- will close 40 minutes before departure,
an airline statement said here today.
Besides, the boarding gates for the airline`s domestic
flights departing at all these airports will close 15 minutes
before the time of departure, it said.
Earlier, the airline was closing its check-in counters 30
minutes prior to the scheduled departure of its flights.
This change has been necessitated to minimise operational
disruptions/passenger inconvenience while ensuring compliance
with the directions and procedures laid down by DGCA, it said.
The DGCA had in October last year issued an Air Transport
Circular to all stakeholders, directing them to follow certain
procedures on boarding and aircraft push-back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre