Kingfisher to close its check-in counters 40-mins prior to dep
Mumbai: In conformity with civil aviation
regulator DGCA`s guidelines on reducing flight delay, private
carrier Kingfisher Airlines will close its check-in counters
for domestic flights 40 minutes prior to departure.
With effect from midnight today, the check-in counters
for all domestic flights of Kingfisher Airlines departing from
six cities -- Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad
and Bangalore -- will close 40 minutes before departure,
an airline statement said here today.
Besides, the boarding gates for the airline`s domestic
flights departing at all these airports will close 15 minutes
before the time of departure, it said.
Earlier, the airline was closing its check-in counters 30
minutes prior to the scheduled departure of its flights.
This change has been necessitated to minimise operational
disruptions/passenger inconvenience while ensuring compliance
with the directions and procedures laid down by DGCA, it said.
The DGCA had in October last year issued an Air Transport
Circular to all stakeholders, directing them to follow certain
procedures on boarding and aircraft push-back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter